1. All of your wastewater exits your home through the pipes in your house.
2. Septic tanks in our area are made of concrete and are water tight. The solids in the tank will settle forming a sludge and oil and grease float to the surface as scum. Some of the material will decompose over time.
3. Inlet and outlet tees and compartments prevent scum from exiting the tank.
4. To maintain the tank it needs to be cleaned periodically.
5. If you visit www.epa.gov the government has more information. You do not have to take our word for how often you need to have your tank cleaned.